Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Last Birthday Treat

Tonight officially marks the end of my birthday week, and Papa Cali and Mama Julie totally made my 19th celebration awesome! We went to Century 20 at Daly City for Transformers 3, and I thought the film was the best one of the series. While the story was simple, and did not contain anything different from a typical Transformers movie, the mind-blowing explosions and robot-killing action made it worth every penny! I contemplated sharing a few of my favorite scenes, but decided I didn't want to be a spoiler and make T3 less exciting for y'all. Nonetheless, I do promise it won't disappoint, and it would probably give you a ride of your life   if you're in Chicago that is. LOL.


Anyway, let's proceed to the funnest part of my Saturday.... FOOD! Papa Cali and Mama Julie has done everything they possibly can to make my 19th a blast, Red Ribbon, Kani Kosen, White Russian, etc    and they did!    so it was my turn to treat them this time. Thanks Daddy!! We drove to ShabuWay in San Mateo for some authentic Japanese shabu-shabu, and the Large Kobe Style Beef platter we ordered was beyond delicious. The last time we were here was when my dad and sister visited in October, and we found their kobe beef and vegetables still tasting as fresh and good as ever.


Good times from last October. I can't wait for Dad's visit this month!
Papa Cali and I ate so much that we even had to get an additional plate of beef, while at the same time stealing some of Mama Julie's (she pays more attention to the veggies! YAY FOR US!)


ShabuWay's Large Kobe Beef Style Plate
Nothing's good without rice!
I'm not a veggie person, but ShabuWay's assorted vegetables were incredibly fresh and flavorful!
Since we were already in the neighborhood, and Peet's was just a few blocks away, being a self-confessed mochaholic, how could we not pay Peet's a visit? Papa Cali and Mama Julie were even most willing, people always fall in love over a cup of coffee    and I could definitely feel the love between them. Yikeee! :">
Only happily married couples can smile like this!
I, on the contrary, simply enjoyed my white chocolate mocha by myself on the lonely side of the table. Hahaha! Peet's has the best white mocha in my opinion    well, next to Cafe Reina, obviously.


Peet's White Chocolate Mocha and Papa Cali's fave Iced Chai Latte
After a busy day out, we finally headed home, just in time to make the beautiful landscape and sunset unique to the Bay Area    when it's not foggy. Haha!


Isn't that beautiful? Life is a blessing. 
☮ and ♥, Denice

No comments:

Post a Comment